Friday 4 September 2009

Female Artists To Check Out

Recently I've been in a very artistic mood and decided to do some research on female artists. Personally I love artwork created by women as I find that I can relate to it on a more personal level then the artwork of men. Here is a list I've compiled of various women who's artwork has inspired me. Enjoy.



  1. Cindy Sherman
  2. Frida Kahlo
  3. Victoria Francis
  4. Artemisia Gentileschi
  5. Lilith Adler
  6. Caroline Folkenroth
  7. Candice Raquel Lee
  8. Jennifer Linton
  9. Martha Rosler
  10. Rachel Stone
  11. Victoria Van Dyke
  12. Emily Carr
  13. Georgia O'Keefe
  14. Berthe Marisot
  15. Elisabeth Vigee-Lebrun
  16. Tracey Emin
  17. Eliza Bathory
  18. Alicia DeBrincat
  19. Stefanie Lynn Evans
  20. Jasmine Maddock
  21. Annie Naseem
  22. Emilia Noris
  23. Judith Werstshnig


You might also like to research into the backgrounds of these artists and see how their life experiances have inspired them.




"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. " - Georgia O'Keeffe



Carpe Diem,

B Von Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment